Angie's Easy Holiday Appetizer Ideas
While Chris and I love to entertain year round, the holiday season is our absolute favorite time to invite friends and family over for a spontaneous glass of wine. I try to keep a specific list of ingredients on hand all month so that I can easily toss together a plate of snacks for our guests. Last minute guests? No worries here!
- Spread a block of cream cheese in a 8x8 or 9x9 pan, top with a jar of Eckert’s Corn Salsa, top with shredded cheddar. Bake 20 minutes and 350 and serve with chips or crackers.
- Spread goat cheese or cream cheese on a flour tortilla. Top with dried fruit and chopped nuts and drizzle with honey. Roll up and cut into wheels.
- Assemble pickled veggies, cheese and sausage chunks on frill picks. Stick frill picks in half an eggplant or arrange in a spiral pattern on a platter.
- Slice Eckert’s French Bread into 1/2 slices. Brush both sides with olive oil or melted butter. Toast in a 350 degree oven for 8 minutes, flipping bread once. Cool bread. Spread with ricotta cheese then sprinkle with blue cheese, parmesan or feta. Finally top with bacon crumbles. Serve immediately.
- Stuff mushrooms with boursin cheese and top with fresh grated Parmesan. Bake for 8-10 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Scoop pie into a mini jar or bowl. Top with home-made whip cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.
- Spread crackers with cream cheese and a dollop of Eckert’s red pepper or jalapeno jelly.
- Combine diced apples, blue cheese, chopped almonds and a drizzle of olive oil. Fill mini phyllo cups.
- Spread ricotta cheese on toasted Irish Soda Bread. Then spread fig preserves, top with prosciutto and sliced pear.
I hope these ideas inspire some easy appetizers for your New Year's Celebration. If you are looking for an even easier option, be sure to take advantage of our FREE CHIP offer through New Year's Eve. Buy any 2 of our deli made dips and receive our deli's famously delicious tortilla chips.
Eat well this Holiday Season, Angie