Peach Tomato Motz Salad
It is homegrown heaven at Eckert’s this week! The peach trees are loaded, the vines are dripping with blackberries and colors are popping by the dozens daily in the veggie patch! All this vibrant produce in combination with temperatures in the 80’s has me literally picking dinner every night!
Last night’s family dinner was divine. Platters full of Peach Tomato Motz, Farmer BKT fixin’s (bacon, kale and tomatoes), sweet corn on the cob, roasted summer squash and sliced peaches & blackberries decorated the counter. We enjoyed a pleasant evening on the patio overlooking the peach orchard. What a perfect summer dinner!
My personal favorite of the night was Peach Tomato Motz which is a variation of a classic Tomato Caprese Salad. This version features two unlikely partners: tomatoes and peaches. It is hard to imagine but tomatoes and peaches are absolutely incredible together. Sweet peach flavors compliment the intensity of sun-ripened tomatoes. Give this simple salad a try and I am sure you will be craving it every day this summer just like me!
Peach Tomato Motz
- 2 medium homegrown tomatoes, cored and sliced
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 2 medium peaches, peeled, sliced
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Layer tomato slices on a rimmed platter. Salt tomatoes. Top with red onion. Top with peach slices. Sprinkle with sugar. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Top with mozzarella and fresh cracked pepper. Makes 4 servings.