SCHOOL FIELD TRIPS & TOURS AT ECKERT'S-BOYD ORCHARD
We are now booking field trips - click to sign up!
We offer School Tours and Field Trips during Apple Picking and Pumpkin Picking seasons.
Click below to make a tour reservation.
combination Apple & Pumpkin Picking Tours
Available at the Versailles Farm mid-September through October. There are no tours on Mondays.
In 2017, our school tour format is changing. This year our school tours will consist of picking one apple and one pumpkin per child.
- Combination Apple & Pumpkin picking at the Versailles, Kentucky Farm: reservations available Tuesday - Friday.
- The Combination Apple & Pumpkin Picking Tours are available: September 12– October 27 from 9:30am –11:00 am (no tours available on Mondays).
- School Tour admission is $9 per person for students and adults – you will “hold” your spot through the online reservation system, but you will pay for the field trip at the gate. There is no fee for teachers and aids as employed by the school. Teachers must present school ID at check-in.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your tour time, to get your class checked in and to pay.
- The group will ride a tractor-pulled wagon to the apple orchard & pumpkin patch. Each person will pick one apple to eat and one apple to take home and then walk to the pumpkin patch where they will pick a pumpkin that they can carry.
- Grades Pre-K through 5th grades
- Eckert’s requires a minimum 1:5 adult to student ratio to ensure the safety of our guests and the preservation of our orchards.
Tour/School Field Trip Includes
- Apple & pumpkin picking
- Two Apples & one pumpkin per person
- Time in the Kids Corral Play Area
- Petting Farm
- Educational Show
- Tractor and Wagon Ride
- Sample of Apple Cider and Cider Donut
Eckert’s requires a minimum ratio of 1 adult for every 5 children to better ensure the safety of our guests and the preservation of our orchards. Please share this handout with both your students and their parents to help us increase student safety and decrease waste in the orchard.
No Call No Show Fee
In respect of other tour groups and to maintain booking flexibility, there is a $25 fee for any tour group that misses its appointment without first contacting Eckert’s within 24 hours of the scheduled appointment.
If in question of the weather, the above fee will be waived for all cancellations, and Eckert’s will be happy to assist in rescheduling your tour.
Eckert’s has plenty of space for picnicking; however, you may want to bring blankets for additional seating.
Making a Reservation
Make a reservation online or call (800) 745-0513 and we can help you.
Field Trip and Tour Details
Please allow at least 3 hours for the tour at the Versailles, KY Farm. Spaces are limited, and reservations are required. Book your tour online or call (800) 745-0513 today!