Eckert's Fresh Strawberry Salsa
Last night, Chris and the kids picked the first strawberries of the season! They had to look closely to find ripe berries but soon the field will be a sea of red, juicy berries.
Ripe strawberries in my kitchen + Cinco de Mayo = DELICIOUS STRAWBERRY SALSA! I just couldn't resist the urge last night to make this scrumptious salsa and it was superb with our deli-made tortilla chips. Creamy avocado, sweet berries, pure honey and tangy lime juice give this salsa a beautiful balance of flavor.
Strawberry season only lasts 3-4 weeks here at Eckert’s, and I will be making strawberry-everything to capitalize on the season!!
Eat well this spring, Angie
- 1 cup finely chopped Eckert’s strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped avocado (about 1/2)
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. lime zest
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 seeded jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. Eckert’s Pure Honey
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- In a medium bowl, gently combine ingredients. Allow flavors to blend for 30 minutes. Serve immediately over grilled pork or chicken or with Eckert’s fresh tortilla chips. Makes about 2 cups.